Let me get things started with some Kindle book deals. These deals have been coming in fast and furious over the past few days; I’ve been tweeting them but also wanted to publish them here. Publishers really seem to be pushing the Kindle and we are all happy beneficiaries of their experiments. Here are a few exceptional deals:
- Church Planter by Darrin Patrick – $2.99
- Think by John Piper – $2.99
- Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef – $2.99
- The Attributes of God by A.W. Pink – $0.99
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper – $1.99
- What Is the Gospel by Greg Gilbert? – $0.99
- Pujols: More Than the Game by Lamb and Ellsworth – $2.99
- Contentment by Lydia Brownback – $0.99
- Thriving at College by Alex Chediak – $1.99
- On Who Is God? by Mark Driscoll – $0.99
- Affirming the Apostle’s Creed by J.I. Packer – $0.99
Sold to a Brothel – Tragic. “M. is an ebullient girl, age 10, who ranks near the top of her fourth-grade class and dreams of being a doctor. Yet she, like all of India, is at a turning point, and it looks as if her family may instead sell her to a brothel.”
The Great Cloud of Witnesses – J.C. Ryle and Andrew Peterson make an appearance together in this blog post.
Free Audio – This month’s free audio book from ChristianAudio is Joni Eareckson Tada’s A Place of Healing.
Oprah’s 10 Moments – This article outlines Oprah’s 10 most important moments on television.
The Office, Day 1 – Mark Altrogge seems to be enjoying his new office. “I enter my office. Boxes strewn everywhere. One of the secretaries started to arrange my commentaries but quit because she didn’t know my ‘system.’ My system’s so complex the Dewey decimal pales in comparison. Mine relies heavily on the book cover color and placing the most impressive books (with titles like The Death of Death in the Death of Christ by John Owen or The Grinch Who Stole Christmas) at eye level to make a good first impression.”
Moving Pictures – Here is a gallery of strangely fascinating photographs–but photographs that each have at least one moving element.
All you really need to know about guidance can be summed up in this one sentence: God is faithful, so obey him. Whether or not that seems likely to work is not your business. Being faithful to God’s revealed will is your business. –Iain Duguid (HT)