- Book Reviews
- About me
Welcome to the online home of Tim Challies, blogger, author, and book reviewer.
Free Stuff Fridays
September 07, 2012
This week’s Free Stuff Friday comes to you courtesy of CBD Reformed. There will be five winners this week, and each of the winners will receive a package containing the following three books:
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller - Retail Price $14.00
- Twelve Unlikely Heroes by John MacArthur - Retail Price $22.99
- Living By The Book by Howard and William Hendricks - Retail price $18.99
Twelve Unlikely Heroes is the newest book from John MacArthur. Here’s what the publisher says about it:
At first glance it may seem easy to put Bible heroes on a pedestal, and to think, They were specially chosen by God and had unique gifts and abilities. How could I possibly be like them? However, the reality is that the Bible figures we admire were human, with strengths and weaknesses just like us.
In Twelve Unlikely Heroes, best-selling author and teacher from Grace to You ministries, John MacArthur takes a closer look at several of these saints to show how God’s glory shines all the clearer through their imperfect stories. You’ll get to know the lives and times of Joseph, Jonathan, Esther, James and many others. In doing so, it will become clear how their stories apply to our lives today, and reveal the true Hero behind every witness.
In addition, CBD Reformed is offering a 4-day sale (September 7 - 10) on the following three products:
- John Calvin: Reformer for the 21st Century by William Stacy Johnson - retail $15.00 / sale $2.99
- Mornings with Tozer: Daily Devotional Readings by A.W. Tozer – Retail price $17.99 / sale $7.99
- ESV Oswald Chambers Devotional Bible - Retail price $34.99 / sale $11.99
Giveaway Rules: You may only enter the draw once. Simply fill out your name and email address to enter the draw. As soon as the winners have been chosen, all names and addresses will be immediately and permanently erased. Winners will be notified by email. The giveaway closes Saturday at noon.