- Book Reviews
- About me
Welcome to the online home of Tim Challies, blogger, author, and book reviewer.
Free Stuff Fridays
April 05, 2013
This week’s Free Stuff Fridays is sponsored Zondervan. They are giving away a pretty good prize package here. There will be five winners this week, and each of those winners will receive the following five books:
- Bound Together by Chris Brauns. “Pastor and author Chris Brauns unpacks the biblical concept of solidarity, that one person can represent many and that our lives are necessarily interconnected with the choices others make. In Bound Together, pastor and author Chris Brauns explains how this truth—which raises questions of fairness and justice—is necessary to fully understand our salvation in Christ.”
- Center Church by Tim Keller. “Timothy Keller outlines a broad theological vision that connects classical evangelical doctrine to holistic and vibrant ministry expression, particularly in globalized, urbanized settings.”
- Pilgrim Theology by Michael Horton. “This concise tour of Christian doctrine is an ideal resource for Sunday School, reading groups, church-wide studies, and college courses examining the Christian faith and the Reformed tradition. Based, in part, on Michael Horton’s award-winning The Christian Faith, this new study—Pilgrim Theology—presents the church’s teachings in an accessible manner, while engaging other Christian traditions and contemporary theological issues.”
- Insourcing by Randy Pope. “Highlighting the successful ‘life-on-life missional discipleship’ practices that his church has refined for over twenty years, Randy Pope inspires pastors and church leaders to leave behind ineffective programs and to stop ‘outsourcing’ the task of discipleship by moving it from the margins of the church back into the mainstream.”
- Gospel Coach by Scott Thomas and Tom Wood. “To help pastors and other Christian leaders lovingly lead God’s flock to Jesus Christ and fulfill his mission, Scott Thomas and Tom Wood present Gospel Coach, clarifying a process of coaching and shepherding that is rooted in the patterns of the Good Shepherd himself, a process in which leaders stir up the gifts, passions, and callings of others.”
Giveaway Rules: You may enter one time. As soon as the winners have been chosen, all names and addresses will be immediately and permanently erased. Winners will be notified by email. The giveaway closes Saturday at noon.