- Book Reviews
- About me
Welcome to the online home of Tim Challies, blogger, author, and book reviewer.
Ministering the Master's Way
October 13, 2010
Ministering the Master’s Way is a unique little series published by DayOne. It is a series that knows exactly the audience it is trying to reach—the pastor or elder of the local church. Each of the books looks to a different practical aspect of the Christian ministry. Many of the titles deal with very niche topics, but ones that are largely untouched by any other author—visiting the sick, accepting a call to minister at a local church, offering pastoral comfort to those who grieve, even caring for the pastor’s voice.
There are currently 9 volumes in the series and, unless I am mistaken, several more are in the works.
- Visit the Sick: Ministering God’s Grace in Times of Illness
- Test, Train, Affirm & Send into Ministry: Recovering the Local Church’s Responsibility in the External Call
- Teach them to Pray: Cultivating God-dependency in Your Church
- Make Your Church’s Money Work: Achieving Financial Integrity in Your Congregation
- Look After Your Voice: Taking Care of the Preacher’s Greatest Asset
- Handle that New Call with Care: Accepting or Declining a Call to a New Congregation
- Discipline with Care: Applying Biblical Correction in Your Church
- Counsel Your Flock: Fulfilling Your Role as a Teaching Shepherd
- Comfort Those Who Grieve: Ministering God’s Grace in Times of Loss
This is a great series to buy for your pastor or elders. Get them a few of the volumes and I suspect they’ll be eager to complete the set and to seek out the new ones as they are released.