This week’s Free Stuff Fridays is sponsored by Christian Focus. They are offering 5 prize packages this week, which means there will be 5 winners. Each of those winners will receive these books:
- Burning Hearts: Preaching to the Affections by Josh Moody and Robin Weekes. Affection is often a neglected theme in our generation of Bible believing Christians. It has not always been so. Previous generations thought a great deal about the centrality of the heart in the Christian life and the need to preach to it. This book will prove a valuable resource as we learn about the place of the affections in our walk with Christ and in preaching Him to ourselves and others. “For some, this little book will be a healthy reminder; for others, it will revolutionize their preaching.” D. A. Carson
- And So to Bed…: A Biblical View of Sleep by Adrian Reynold. Sleep is part of our created humanity, a good gift from God to be treasured and enjoyed; an earthly picture of a spiritual reality. In this reflection on sleep, Reynolds reflects on what the Bible has to say about sleep and rest, and how that can impact not only your night but your life. He includes his suggestions for turning off and enjoying rest. “Jesus slept. And so should we. But how? This book will send you to sleep - in a good way… eminently practical advice for the committed sleepers.” Josh Moody
- Teaching 2 Timothy: From Text to Message by Jonathan Griffiths. Paul’s second letter to Timothy is a letter written from one pastor to another, and it is designed to train, equip and encourage Timothy for the work of ministry. This volume is not an academic study of 2 Timothy, but rather an accessible and easily navigable teaching resource which will aid those examining 2 Timothy both to teach and for their own study.
- Teaching 1 & 2 Thessalonians: From Text to Message by Angus MacLeay. In a day when church planting is back in fashion, here is Paul speaking to a newly planted fellowship. In a day when Christians in the West are finding themselves under growing pressure from the surrounding culture, here is Paul encouraging a church facing strong opposition. This book enables the leader to apply practical theology to specific situations that still affect the church today.
- 40 Days 40 Bites: A Family Guide to Pray for the World by Trudi Parkes. In 40 tasty, easily digestible bites you can travel round God’s amazing world and pray! This book covers over twenty different countries including Algeria, China, and North Korea. It covers a variety of issues such as poverty, clean water and translation. This family guide to praying for the world will open your eyes to the need and challenge you to come before God and pray. “A book that demands to be read and used in our ministry of prayer for the nations… I will be making use of this Prayer Guide in my own prayer ministry. Let’s work hard together to get this guide out and to get people to really make use of it. George Verwer
Enter to Win
Again, there are 5 prize packages to win. And all you need to do to enter the draw is to drop your name and email address in the form below. (If you receive this by email, you will need to visit challies.com to enter.)
Giveaway Rules: You may enter one time. As soon as the winners have been chosen, all names and addresses will be immediately and permanently erased. Winners will be notified by email. The giveaway closes Saturday at noon.