- Book Reviews
- About me
Welcome to the online home of Tim Challies, blogger, author, and book reviewer.
An Interview with Paul Washer
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 - 1:38pm
Though David Murray and I took a short hiatus from our Connected Kingdom podcast while I travelled to Asia, we are back at last. This week we spent some time with Paul Washer, speaking to him about his new book, about his ministry, and (of course) about the Shocking Youth Message that has in many ways come to define him and his ministry. Here is a short index to our conversation (which lasts just about 25 minutes):
- 1.00 Why did you write your new book, The Gospel’s Power and Message.
- 2.30 Who is Paul Washer the person? Conversion, family, hobbies, calling to mission work, etc.
- 7.30 What have you learned through your wife’s protracted illness?
- 8.30 Present work is training and supporting 175 missionaries among unreached people groups.
- 10.15 What’s the greatest need of the church in India?
- 11.35 How has that “Shocking Youth Message” changed your life?
- 16.00 What is Gospel reductionism and what are its fruits?
- 20.00 Has the Gospel-centered movement helped the church?
- 22.45 What would be your 2 minute message to pastors about building positively for the future?
If you would like to give us feedback or join in the discussion, go ahead and look up our Facebook Group or leave a comment right here. You will always be able to find the most recent episode here on the blog. If you would like to subscribe via iTunes, you can do that here or if you want to subscribe with another audio player, you can try this RSS link.