Living With Your Eyes Wide Open
Download: Audio File |
In this week’s episode of The Connected Kingdom, David Murray and I talk to Steve DeWitt. Steve is the author of Eyes Wide Open, one of my favorite books of 2012 (here’s my review). It is a book about beauty, about learning to enjoy God in everything. We talk to Steve about:
- Getting married (just a few weeks ago) at the age of 44 and after 20 years in ministry
- Why God created this world to be beautiful
- How beauty is meant to motivate worship
- Whether beautiful art is objectively good or whether there needs to be an explicit gospel message
- Why beauty can be so closely associated with lust
We discuss more than that, of course, but that’s the gist of it. I think giving it a listen will prove well worth your while.
If you would like to give us feedback or join in the discussion, go ahead and look up our Facebook Group or leave a comment right here. You will always be able to find the most recent episode here on the blog. If you would like to subscribe via iTunes, you can do that here or if you want to subscribe with another audio player, you can try this RSS link.