Last year I posted a series of interviews under the banner of Meet the Ministries. It was a means of introducing you to some of the great ministries that serve the church today. You got to meet Grace to You, Desiring God, Acts 29, Peacemaker Ministries, CCEF and Truth for Life. I am going to continue that series this fall with another set of interviews. And it begins today with Eternal Perspective Ministries.
How and when did Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM) begin?
Randy was a pastor for 13 years at a church he loved--and continues to be a part of--before he began participating in a number of peaceful nonviolent rescues (civil disobedience, blocking entry) at abortion clinics. This decision to participate came after being involved for years in many other aspects of prolife work and included much soul-searching, Scripture-searching, prayer and counsel. As a result of his involvement in rescues, he was named in a lawsuit where the abortion clinic was awarded the largest judgment in history against peaceful protestors: $8.2 million. In order to avoid garnishment of his wages by the clinic, he was forced to resign as a pastor.
God, in his faithfulness, used what was intended for evil and turned it to good. Consequently, Randy founded EPM, which gave him the ability to devote much more of his time to writing.
The complete story of how EPM began may be found on Randy's blog, in part 1 and part 2.
Why does EPM exist? What are its chief goals and key emphases?
Eternal Perspective Ministries is a Bible-believing, Christ-centered nonprofit organization with two goals:
- to teach the principles of God’s Word, emphasizing an eternal viewpoint;
- to reach the needy in Christ’s name, calling attention to the needs of the:
- unreached, who’ve never heard the gospel;
- unfed, unclothed, unsheltered and poor due to circumstance (not choice);
- unsupported, Christians suffering in hostile spiritual environments;
- unborn, targeted for abortion, and their mothers deceived and exploited by the child-killing industry;
- unreconciled, those of different races and cultures who are alienated, hostile, or suspicious of each other;
- untrained, a generation growing up in a society without moral absolutes and eternal values, who need to hear God’s truth spoken in love, and whose parents need to be equipped to be their children’s educators and role models.
How can EPM serve the readers of this web site?
Our website, www.epm.org, is a wealth of free information, covering a wide range of subjects. There are over 2,000 articles, Q & A's, etc., mostly written by Randy, as well as video and audio to draw from.
We have free resource packets for pastors and group leaders that can be used to help their study and teaching on a variety of topics.
Follow and connect with Randy at his blog, Facebook and Twitter.
We have a free quarterly newsletter, Eternal Perspectives, which features many thought-provoking articles written by Randy as well as news about his latest books and resources. You can read a color copy of the newsletter at our website or sign up to receive a mailed copy at http://www.epm.org/newsletters/.
On the same page you can sign up to receive our monthly ENews Update that shares current information about Randy's speaking schedule and our book specials. It often highlights other worthy ministries and their current needs.
100% of designated giving is passed on to a worthy ministry within our EPM guidelines. So if someone wants to give to missions or famine relief or prolife work, etc. but isn't familiar with a specific organization, the donor is free to give to EPM and that money will be sent on to one of the many we support and/or recommend. This method can be useful for people who do not want to be on the mailing list for several different organizations.