Where does the time ago? Another Friday has come and with it another edition of Free Stuff Fridays. This week’s sponsor is The Good Book Company and they are giving away three great prizes–Starter Packs of Christianity Explored.
There are many ways of introducing people to Jesus, but the principle behind Christianity Explored is to keep it simple and let the Gospel tell the gospel. Its a short, informal course based in Mark’s Gospel that helps people answer three questions that cut right to the heart of Christianity: Who is Jesus? Why did he come? And what does it mean to follow him? As Mark’s Gospel is opened and explored, Jesus walks off the pages of Scripture – and powerfully into people’s lives.
There are five good reasons for using a Gospel to tell the gospel:
- It allows Jesus to do as much of the talking as possible!
- People who start their Christian lives by exploring the Bible, learn to rely instinctively on God’s Word throughout their lives.
- The gospel is the way we start the Christian life and the way we keep going. So Mark’s Gospel is just as challenging and inspiring for Christians as it is for non-Christians.
- Exploring all of Mark’s Gospel means that people hear the whole gospel – not just the edited highlights, or inoffensive bits!
- There is power in the word of Christ (Rom 10:17).
Dr John Stott says about the course, “What I welcome about Christianity Explored is that, in taking us through Mark’s Gospel, it emphasizes truths which are often neglected – like the gravity of sin, the centrality of the cross, the sufficiency of grace, and the necessity of repentance.”
And Michael Horton of Westminster Seminary adds, “Combining evangelistic passion and evangelical commitments, one need not choose between relevance and faithfulness with Christianity Explored. It represents the best example I know of for effectively reaching non-Christians without diluting the message.”
I have 3 Starter Packs to give away, each worth $149.99. That includes: 3 Leaders’ Guides, 9 Study Guides, a copy of How to Run the Course and the DVD; everything you need to get a Christianity Explored course up and running in your church, community group or latest evangelistic outreach effort you are planning.
Rules: You may only enter the draw once. Simply fill out your name and email address to enter the draw. As soon as the winners have been chosen, all names and addresses will be immediately and permanently erased. Winners will be notified by email. The giveaway closes Saturday at noon.