One of the distinguishing marks of a healthy church is the consistent, correct preaching of God’s Word. Here are recommended books on the subject of preaching.
- The Kind of Preaching God Blesses by Steven Lawson – Lawson gives an urgent call for pastors to preach God’s Word in God’s way, and an equally urgent call for all of us to demand and expect nothing less. (Also consider Famine in the Land.)
- Saving Eutychus by Gary Millar and Phil Campbell – This is a call for preaching that is expositional and interesting.
- Why Johnny Can’t Preach by T. David Gordon – The fact that he overstates the case at times just helps build the big point.
- Rediscovering Expository Preaching edited by John MacArthur
- The Archer and the Arrow by Phillip Jensen and Paul Grimmond – The follow-up to The Trellis and the Vine.