For the past few months I have been wrestling with the content management of this site. What I mean, is that as time goes on and the number of articles increases, a lot of them are going to get lost to the archives, never to be found again (except via Google, I suppose). I have been searching for some design ideas so I can try to preserve some record of some of the better articles. So to that end I have come up with this design.
I would like a bit of feedback on that design, if you are so inclined. My design priorities are:
- Readability – More than anything, I want the site to be easy to read. A site like this is all about the text, so it needs to be preeminent.
- Accesibility – I want the site and the site content to be accessible. This means that the site can be accessed using any browser. It also means that content does not get lost.
- Looks – Bringing up the rear is looks. I want an attractive site, but it is less important than the other conditions.
So my questions about the new design are:
- Do you like it more or less than the old design?
- Do you think it accomplishes my objectives?
- Do you find the new colors distracting?
Any other input you may have is appreciated.
By way of disclaimer, the woman praying will be disappearing in favor of something more relevant to the content of the site. I may change the book background at the top, as well, as I’m hoping to find roughly the same picture but with an english book! Please note that the bulk of the links do not yet work.
Feel free to comment or email me.