Thanks to Tim Challies for the opportunity to report on the John 3:16 Conference for Challies.com.
I registered for the John 3:16 Conference at First Baptist Church Woodstock, GA (FBCW) about 45 minutes ago and have been looking for an Internet connection since then. I do not know if I will have connectivity from the Conference floor; if not, I will not be live-blogging, but will post summaries as soon as I am able to reach a hot spot near the Church.
The schedule for the Conference is on the Internet HERE.
I was curious as to what vendors would be at this Conference. The tables in the vendors’ hall were mostly for sponsors of the Conference listed at the bottom of THIS PAGE.
A few other Baptist colleges also had tables; I am fairly certain I saw a table for Clear Creek Baptist Bible College in Kentucky, which recently hosted a conference on “Meeting the Calvinist Challenge.” There was also at least one personal evangelism training course, the name of which I did not recognize, which had a table.
What’s a conference without books?
Five books were given out at registration:
- Holman Christian Standard Bible New Testament with Share Jesus Without Fear evangelism notes from William Fay. (I have used the Share Jesus Without Fear method of evangelism in the past and have found aspects of this to be very helpful.)
- Bill Wallace of China by Jesse C. Fletcher.
- Holman Quicksource Guide to Christian Apologetics by Doug Powell.
- Essential Church? Reclaiming a Generation of Dropouts by Thom S. Rainer and Sam S. Rainer III.
- The Corinthian Confusion: A Study in 1 Corinthians by Dr. Jerry Vines.
A CD of a sermon from FBCW Pastor Johnny Hunt was also given: “A Wineskin in Smoke” from Ps. 119:81-88.
Finally, Conference-goers received a booklet advertising the Jerry Vines By The Book Sunday School Curriculum.
I have no idea how any of these resources directly relate to the subject of the Conference.