Just for kicks I decided to change the back-end of this site from Geeklog to Movabletype. The changeover took a few hours of work (mostly hacking apart cascading style sheets) and quite a bit of frustration, but the move is nearly complete.
I found Movabletype after Geeklog and found it had some neat features that Geeklog did not. Of course the opposite is true too. I am going to run them in parallel for a few days and try to determine which one best meets my needs. I have a few things to fix up on the new system (there are some problems with the comments system and the gallery does not function yet). So bear with me if there are a few issues here and there.