This post is sponsored by Getty Music and written by Keith Getty.
Register before June 10 for Sing! 2021 to take advantage of Spring rates. Save an additional 15% when you use the code CHALLIES at checkout. Register today or learn more at https://bit.ly/34iTGeJ.
What a year it has been! The challenges of the pandemic have reminded us never to take for granted every moment of life the Lord gives us.
Now, as many churches begin to gather again, Kristyn and I believe that this moment opens a unique opportunity to reaffirm our commitment to the centrality and supremacy of Christ in every area of life. That is why we recently updated the theme of our annual conference, Sing! Global, to In Christ Alone: Reset, Restore, Reunite.
As pastors, musicians, artists, and leaders gather both in Nashville and online this September, we believe that now is the time to sink deep roots in Scripture so that we might reset our vision for congregational worship to be radically focused on the glory of Christ.
In a broken world, now is the time to restore our hearts and rekindle the imagination as we reflect on our Savior through poetry, music, and artistry. We pray that the comfort and peace that come only through the gospel would minister to those who are hurting and who have endured unspeakable loss.
And for the sake of our witness, now is the time to reunite as God’s people to sing and proclaim to all nations that our hope is found in Christ alone. We long for Christians to be known not for our disagreements on secondary matters but for our commitment to building one another up, loving the lost, and fulfilling the Great Commission.
Personally, I can’t wait to gather in Nashville together again to give attention to these vital themes. Why should you join us? Here are five reasons:
- To experience the power of singing together again in harmony with thousands of believers. We were created to sing. We were redeemed to sing. No pandemic can silence our praise. What a joy it will be to worship the living God with the voices of fellow Christians from across the globe echoing all around us!
- To grow deeper in your faith and learn from leading pastors and expositors. We are honored that trusted teachers including John Piper, H.B. Charles, Alistair Begg, Joni Eareckson Tada, John Lennox, David Platt, Conrad Mbewe, Trip Lee, Miguel Núñez and many others will be opening God’s Word and sharing deep foundations for Christ-centered worship.
- To inspire your imagination through compelling artistry and music. What refreshment for our souls there is to look forward to as we enjoy poetry from Malcolm Guite and music from CityAlight, David Kim, Laura Story, Chris Tomlin singing “Is He Worthy” with a choir of thousands, Shane & Shane, Andrew Peterson, and so many more.
- To equip your ministry team with practical insights for the upcoming year. We will have over 50 breakout seminars full of hands-on takeaways for every ministry role.
- To deepen your commitment to the unifying power of the Gospel in individual and corporate worship. We pray that the Lord might use this time together to reinvigorate our passion for the unity of the body of Christ.